The first-ever 24-hour Dad-A-Thon was a smashing success! To celebrate, I’ve compiled this short quiz. (It’s like Buzzfeed, but without the gross aftertaste.) Can you guess the correct answers?
* * *
OFFICIAL DAD-A-THON QUIZ
1. For dinner we ate:
A) Mom’s away, now’s our chance! Taco Bell!
B) I made spaghetti.
C) Butch’s has great appetizer and drink selections.
2. During dinner, we:
A) listened to Calvin’s Institutes on audiobook, in silence, like some Protestant perversion of a monastic dining hall.
B) discussed plans for how to build a fort out of blankets, clothes pins, and reference books. It also included designs for a contraption called an “exca-lifter.”
C) FOOD FIGHT! (Table ended up sideways)
D) debated (unexpectedly) whether everything belongs to God and Jesus, or nothing belongs to God and Jesus.
E) B and D
3. The best spaceships are made out of:
C) Legos AND K’nex.
4. Movietime! We watched:
A) Six episodes of Daniel Tiger, back-to-back.
B) Andrei Tarkovsky’s Andrei Rublev. Without subtitles.
5. Ah. The kids are finally in bed. Time to unwind. I think I’ll:
A) compulsively check how the presidential candidate polls are doing.
B) read patristic commentaries
C) Ah, forget it. I’m going to sleep, too.
6. Number of kids who ended up in my bed in the night:
7. For breakfast, we ate:
A) “Alright kids, you’re on your own. I see some foragable green things growing in the backyard.”
B) I made french toast.
C) Mom’s away, now’s our chance! Cocoa Puffs and Pop Tarts! No, better: Cocoa Puff Pop Tarts!
8. After breakfast, there was an impromptu:
A) monkey dance
B) spelling bee
C) massive milk spillage
9. The maximum number of times it takes to ask a child to pick up a toy before he/she will pick it up is:
A) 1 (hint: this is the wrong answer.)
C) n + 1 (where n = promise of candy, movie, or immediate loss of all nearby toys)
10. Number of poop-trastrophes that happened while daddy was trying to make food:
11. The best time to have a surprise “tubby” is:
A) 1-5 minutes after a major potty accident
B) 5-10 minutes after a major potty accident
C) As soon as you discover a major potty accident. Try not to think about how long it’s been.
12. Number of times I sent distress texts to Joanna:
13. The perfect ending to a 24-hour Dad-A-Thon is:
A) signal flare
B) a trip to the park
C) shopping trip to Cabela’s
14. Would daddy do a 24-hour Dad-A-Thon again?